Scattered Site Rental Housing Program
The City of Maple Grove operates a Scattered Site Rental Housing Program (SSRHP) which currently rents 27 income-restricted units to families with children. Click link for more information and screening standards (.PDF) on the SSRHP or call the Community Development Department at 763-494-6040.
Apartments, Multi-Housing Rental and Senior Housing
If you are looking for a place to rent in Maple Grove, click the link to get a list of the rental apartments, multi-housing rental, senior housing and location map.
This nonprofit company builds, renovates and manages rental apartments and townhouses throughout the metro area. For information about locations and vacancies, call 651-291-1750; for information about new housing developments, call 651-290-6228 or visit the website at www.commonbond.org.
If you are looking for a rental vacancy, HousingLink is the Twin City metropolitan area’s primary source for vacant rental properties and affordable housing-related data. If you have questions, visit them at http://www.housinglink.org or call 612-522-2500.
Metropolitan Council HRA
The Metro HRA administers the Section 8 Housing Choice Voucher program for Maple Grove residents. The Rent Assistance Program utilizes the existing private rental market to provide decent, safe, and sanitary housing opportunities for low-income seniors, disabled individuals, families, and singles at an affordable cost. If you have additional questions, visit them at www.metrocouncil.org/housing/HRA/sec8.htm or call 651–602–1880.
Minnesota Housing has information for first-time homebuyers, home improvement loans, foreclosure assistance, reverse mortgage counseling, and rental programs. For more information, visit them at www.mnhousing.gov or call 651-296-7608 or 1-800-657-3769.
Community Action Partnership of Suburban Hennepin
CAPSH provides information on homeownership, post purchase and foreclosure prevention services, homeownership classes, reverse mortgage information, energy assistance and financial management. For more information, visit them at http://www.capsh.org/ or call 952-933-9639.
HOME Line is a Rental Tenant Advocacy Organization that provides free legal, organizing, education and advocacy services so that tenants throughout Minnesota can solve their own rental housing problems. Home Line works to improve public and private policies relating to rental housing by involving affected tenants in the process. If you are a tenant and have a rental question, visit them at www.homelinemn.org or call 612-728-5767.
Homes Within Reach/West Hennepin Affordable Housing Land Trust
Provides benefits of homeownership to individuals and families that are otherwise unable to buy a house. If you are interested in purchasing a home and wish to know how to qualify and become an eligible home buyer, please contact them at http://homeswithinreach.org/ or 952-401-7071.
Minnesota Multi Housing Association Landlord/Tenant Hotline
The Minnesota Multi Housing Association (MHA) is a state-wide nonprofit trade organization. With nearly 2,100 members representing more than 250,000 housing units throughout Minnesota, MHA is the voice of the state's multi housing industry. If you are a landlord or tenant and have questions, visit them at www.mmha.com or call 952-858-8222.
- Anoka County Community Action Program – www.accap.org – 763-783-4747
- Attorney General’s Office - Landlord/Tenants Rights & Responsibility – www.ag.state.mn.us – 651-296-3353
- Christians Reaching Out in Social Services (CROSS) – http://crossfoodshelf.com – 763-425-1050
- Fair Housing & Equal Opportunity – U. S. Department of Housing & Urban Development – 612-370-3185
- First Call for Help – United Way 211 – www.unitedwaytwincities.org – 651-291-0211
- Greater Minneapolis Crisis Nursery – www.crisisnursery.org – 763-591-0400
- Resources for Child Caring – Resources for Child Caring - 651-641-0305
- Hennepin County – Human Services & Public Health Dept. – Human Services and Public Health Department — Hennepin County, Minnesota – 612-348-4111
- Hennepin County – Economic Assistance Program - How to apply for assistance – 612-596-1300
- Hennepin County - Economic Assistance Program for families with children-How to apply for assistance - 612-596-1900
- Hennepin County – Housing Development and Finance – 612-348-9260
- Minnesota State Department of Human Rights – www.humanrights.state.mn.us – 651-296-5663
- Northwest Community Support Program for persons with mental illnesses – 612-752-8300
- Northwest Hennepin Human Services Council – www.nwhhsc.org – 763-503-2520
- Volunteers of America for Seniors – Volunteers of America - Minnesota – 612-331-4063
- West Hennepin Community Outreach–Employment & Career Development – West Hennepin Community Outreach Project - Brooke Greenwell – 952-417-2132
- Click link for HUD-approved Housing Counseling Agencies
If you have additional questions, please contact the Community Development Department or call 763-494-6040.