When are property taxes due?
May 15 and October 15 of each year.
How can I pay my property taxes?
Property tax payments are made to Hennepin County. For more information, see property tax payment options on the county website.
Hennepin County property resources and services provide information related to:
- Property tax information search
- Housing programs
- Property sales
- Maps and surveys
- Understanding your property taxes video (Hennepin County)
- Understanding property tax (Minnesota Department of Revenue)
- Estimated market value (Minnesota Department of Revenue)
- Why property taxes vary from year to year (PDF)
Annual assessment & property tax calendar
- January 2: The assessor's office determines the annual assessment and property classification. This assessed value and property classification is the basis for property taxes payable the following year.
- February 1: Deadline for exempt property to file a property tax exemption.
- Hennepin County mails property tax statements to property owners.
- The City of Maple Grove mails valuation and classification notices to property owners.
- The City of Maple Grove conducts the Local Board of Appeal and Equalization meeting. This meeting provides property owners with an appeal option for a property's current valuation and/or property classification. Contact the Assessing Department if you would like to attend the Local Board of Appeal and Equalization meeting.
- April 30: Deadline to file an appeal with the Minnesota Tax Court.
- May 1: Deadline to file green acres and/or rural preserve application for the current year.
- May 15: First half of property taxes due to Hennepin County.
- Hennepin County conducts the County Board of Appeal and Equalization. This meeting provides property owners with a continued appeals option for a property's current valuation and/or property classification. You must first attend the Maple Grove Local Board of Appeal and Equalization. To attend the County Board of Appeal and Equalization, contact the Hennepin County Assessor's Office.
- July 1: Senior citizen's deadline to file for the property tax deferral for the following tax year.
- August 15: Deadline to file property tax refund with the Minnesota Department of Revenue (Form M1PR).
- October 15: Second half of property taxes due to Hennepin County.
- Hennepin County mails truth-in-taxation notices to property owners.
- The City of Maple Grove conducts truth-in taxation hearing.
- December 31: Deadline to own, occupy, and apply for the homestead classification.