- Parking permit
- Parking ordinance
Sec. 32-67. Time Limits on Parking; Fire Lanes; Night Parking
- General four-hour limit. Parking of vehicles is hereby prohibited for more than four hours continuously on all streets within the corporate limits of the city, with the exception of those streets or highways otherwise provided time limitations in subsection (b) of this section.
- Designation of parking zones and fire lanes.
- The council may by resolution designate streets, blocks or alleys, or portions thereof, as no parking zones, as fire lanes, or as five-minute, ten-minute, 15-minute, 30-minute, one-hour, two-hour, or three-hour parking zones.
- The council may also upon application by the fire marshal or an owner, lessee or operator of any building, which building generally attracts numerous numbers of the public, designate and thus establish a fire lane upon private property. The application shall be reviewed and approved or disapproved by the fire marshal prior to being presented to the city council for council approval. The designated area, when approved by the city council, shall effectively become a fire lane.
- All designated zones pursuant to this section shall be appropriately marked at the direction of the city, at the property owner's expense when on private property, and the city's expense when on public property. Unless otherwise provided within the resolution or application approval, such restrictions shall apply every day of the week, including Saturdays, Sundays and holidays.
- Moving of vehicles. For the purpose of the regulations relating to limited parking zones, any vehicle moved a distance of not more than one block during the limited parking period shall be deemed to have remained stationary.
- Interference with officer's marking. It shall be unlawful for any person to obliterate, erase or remove any mark or sign placed on a vehicle by a police officer for the purpose of measuring the length of time such vehicle is parked.
- Night parking.
- Public streets and highways. No vehicle shall be parked upon any public street or highway in the city between the hours of 2 am and 6 am inclusive, on any day or the year, including, but not limited to, Saturdays and holidays.
- Park and rides/transit facilities. No vehicles shall be parked at any city owned park and ride or transit facilities between the hours of 2 am and 5 am inclusive, on any day of the year, including, but not limited to, Saturdays, Sundays and holidays.
(Code 1984, § 720:05; Ord. Number 04-14, § 1, June 7, 2004)