COVID-19 in Maple Grove
This Hennepin County information is the number of COVID-19 cases per 10,000 residents recorded over a 14-day timeframe. For additional COVID-19 data, visit the Hennepin County COVID-19 public dashboard.
When city case counts are fewer than 5, the rate is suppressed to "*" for data privacy.
|City||August 10 to August 23||August 17 to August 30||August 24 to September 6||August 31 to September 13||September 7 to September 20||September 14 to September 27|
|St. Louis Park||22.7||24.8||26.2||31.4||37.6||35.9|
|Other NW Suburban HC||25.9||28.8||24.6||28.8||35.6||35.0|
|Other W/S Suburban HC||36.8||33.5||30.7||34.5||43.1||51.6|
Other NW Suburban Hennepin County includes:
- Medicine Lake
- Saint Anthony
Other W/S Suburban Hennepin County includes:
- Fort Snelling
- Long Lake
- Maple Plain
- Minnetonka Beach
- Saint Bonifacius
- Spring Park
- Tonka Bay
About the data
COVID-19 data is provided by Hennepin County Public Health and statistics are updated as new data becomes available to the City of Maple Grove.
This data can provide additional context to inform conversations about differences in community risk with several important caveats:
- We continue to recommend against using city-level data alone to assess COVID-19 risk in a community. 14-day case incidence is only one measure of the risk of disease transmission within the local community. Interpretation of this data should also consider the rate of transmission in the county as a whole, whether the level of cases per week is sustained, decreasing, or increasing over time, as well as the rates and trends of bordering geographies.
- The city associated with a case is based on the lab report and may be updated over time with new information. To improve city accuracy, a geocoding process is used. This process may result in small differences from other summaries of case data by city. All data are preliminary and may change as cases are further investigated and information is updated.
- Not all suspected cases of COVID-19 are tested. These data are not representative of the total number of people who have or have had COVID-19 in Hennepin County.
- Data for the most current week are excluded because they are considered incomplete due to test reporting timelines. Therefore, these data should be considered a reflection of recent past risk that has been experienced in a community, not as a measure of current risk or future risk.
- Data for cities with less than 10,000 residents are excluded to protect privacy and increase stability of rates.
- City populations are estimated according to the 2018 U.S. Census American Community Survey 5-year estimates.