Passport renewals

Passport renewals are required if all of the following regarding your most recent U.S. passport are true:

  • Is undamaged and can be submitted with your application
  • Was valid for 10 years
  • Was issued within the last 15 years
  • Was issued in your current name or you can legally document your name change with original or certified copy of your marriage certificate or the government-issued document evidencing your legal name change

Renewals are done by mail - no need to come in and no appointment necessary. However, if you are coming in for assistance with your renewal (because you have questions regarding your renewal and/or you need a photo), please schedule an appointment.

Download and print Form DS-82 (PDF) or use the form filler available on the U.S. Department of State's website (PDF) and print out the completed form when done.