Refuse, recycling and yardwaste
Christmas tree disposal
Please contact your garbage hauler regarding Christmas tree disposal. Your hauler will provide the dates and specifics for this service. For your hauler's contact information, view list of licensed Maple Grove providers.
Garbage service in the City of Maple Grove is provided by various licensed refuse haulers. Residents and businesses may select the provider that best fits their needs.
View a list of licensed refuse haulers in Maple Grove.
Recycling throughout the city is collected by a single independent contractor, Republic Services. Recycling services are provided every other week. All items should be placed inside the recycling cart. If you have extra recycling, a convenient resource is the city's Recycling Drop-off Center.
Recycling carts remain with the home when you move. When moving into an existing home, there should already be a cart there. New residents should notify the City of Maple Grove utility billing at 763-494-6330. Recycling fees are included on your city utility bill.
For all of your recycling needs, including those listed below, please email Republic Services or call them at 952-941-5174. Republic Services responds to concerns within 24 hours. Please include your address and phone number.
- Replacement of a damaged cart.
- Exchange cart for a different size (sizes below).
- Missed pick up on scheduled recycling day. (See interactive map with calendars below.)
- Cart delivery for a newly constructed home
Recycling carts are free and fees are the same no matter what size you choose. Carts come in three sizes:
- Small (35 gallon): 38" high, 20" wide, 25" deep
- Medium (65 gallon): 42" high, 25" wide, 30" deep
- Large (95 gallon): 45" high, 27" wide, 33" deep
Please place your cart at the curb by 6:30 am. If cart is not emptied by 7 p.m. on the scheduled day, leave it at the curb and contact Republic Services via email or at 952-941-5174. Please include your address and phone number.
Pickup days and zones
No service on holidays
If your regular collection day falls on or following one of these holidays, collection will be one day late for the remainder of the week through Saturday.
- New Year's Day (no change in schedule for 2022 - falls on Saturday)
- Memorial Day
- 4th of July
- Labor Day
- Thanksgiving Day
- Christmas Day (no change in schedule for 2022 - falls on Sunday)