Central Park of Maple Grove is a 44-acre park that can be enjoyed all day long. This award-winning park offers many amenities! Come visit at 12000 Central Park Way, Maple Grove, MN 55369. Call 763-494-6474 with any questions.
- Ice skating loop
- Interactive fountain
- Phenow Pavilion
- Garden & Labyrinth
- Rental info
The ice skating loop is closed for the season. See you next winter!
The ice loop is a 810 foot long and 20 foot wide trail that is designed for pleasure skating. The loop has refrigerated ice, and if you stay long enough, you might get a chance to see the Zamboni drive by.
10 a.m. to 9 p.m. (weather permitting)
Here’s the scoop
- No hockey sticks or pucks are allowed.
- Food and drink are not allowed on the ice.
- Skates must be worn on the ice.
$6 per pair with sizes youth 8J to adult 12 and hockey skates youth 12J to adult 15. (first come first serve).
- Monday through Friday 4 to 9 p.m.
- Saturday & Sunday 10 a.m. to 9 p.m.
For current weather related information, call 763-494-6474 or follow on Facebook.
The interactive fountain will be closed on Friday, October 22, 2021, for the season. See you next year!
10 a.m. to 9 p.m.
Open Monday to Sunday from 6:30 a.m. to 9 p.m.
The interactive fountain is a 2,100 sq. ft. plaza with 49 jet sprays and 18 arching sprays.
Fountain water is recycled through a filtration system and the water is reused just like in a swimming pool. Beautiful LED lights turn the fountain into a light show once the sun goes down.
It’s free to play in the fountain; children and the young at heart are all welcome.
- No lifeguard is on duty, all children must be actively supervised by an adult.
- In case of emergency, call 911.
- Children who are not toilet trained must wear swim diapers, which are for sale in the park building, or plastic pants with tight fitting elastic. Regular disposal diapers are not allowed.
- Footwear is recommended.
- All users must exit the fountain area for 30 minutes if thunder or lightning are present.
Prohibited in the interactive fountain area
- Food, beverage, tobacco products, and gum.
- Glass, metal objects, soap, or other materials that could create hazardous conditions.
- Animals, with the exception of service animals.
- Skateboards, inline skates, roller skates, scooters, bicycles, and other wheeled vehicles.
- Running or rough play.
- Spitting or spouting of water and nose blowing.
- Use by persons with, or suspected of having, diarrhea or a communicable disease which could be transmitted through the fountain.
- Persons with large cuts or scrapes are advised not to use the fountain.
6 a.m. to 11 p.m.
- Seven play zones
- 24-foot climbing tour
- Four slides
- Unique swings
- 120-foot climbing wall
- Accessible, rubberized surface and some sand areas
Please note dogs are not permitted in the playground area.
Phenow Pavilion is a beautiful park facility built for multiple use throughout the year.
Restrooms in the main lobby are open daily year round for public use.
Check out the concession stand during your next visit.
During summer, the main room is available for private rental. The amazing architecture ties in with the proximity to the great lawn is a perfect space to host a special event, family gathering or team meeting.
In the winter, limited rentals are available as the pavilion serves as a warming house complete with fireplace and shoe cubbies. Detailed information is available on rental info tab above.
This 2.5 acre green space serves two purposes:
- Casual non-programmed green space for the community to gather
- Venue to host large special events for local and regional gatherings
During the majority of days, the Lawn is a perfect place to bring a blanket, have a picnic, fly a kite, or throw a frisbee. Come out to enjoy special events and festivities like Wonders of Winter in February and the Concert on the Lawn in September!
Please remember to keep your pet leashed and on the trails.
This labyrinth pattern is called partner stroll and was deigned by Lisa Gidlow Moriorty.
Enjoy the beautiful Central Park garden areas
A .83 mile trail loop on the north side of Central Park circles the storm pond and connects to the 55 miles of Maple Grove trails. From here, continue on to the trails around the three lakes in the immediate area -- Arbor Lake, North Arbor Lake, and West Arbor Lake.
Take note that neither fishing nor swimming are permitted at the storm pond or the three lakes mentioned. During the winter, the trail loop and major walkways are plowed.
You might also choose to use the trail tunnel under Weaver Lake Road near Jonquil Lane to access Maple Lakes Park.
Complete the request form or call the rental voicemail 763-494-5958. Requests are processed in the order received. Confirmation is made when a permit has been issued and payment received.
Requests are not accepted in-person, by email, or those left at other phone numbers.
Add 7.25% sales tax
|Space||Resident rates||Non-resident rates|
|Phenow Pavilion||$60 per hour, 3 hour minimum||$115 per hour, 3 hour minimum on Friday, Saturday & Sunday|
|Garden||$100 per hour, 3 hour minimum on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday||$150 per hour, 3 hour minimum on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday|
|Garden lawn||$50 per hour, available only with garden rental||$100 per hour, available only with garden rental|
Free equipment check out
- Pickleball equipment (Two paddles and four balls)
- Bean bags for a bags game
- Bocce ball
Items are available to use on a first come, first serve basis. Check out from staff in the Central Park building from 10 a.m. to 9 p.m. Everything needs to be turned in before the building closes at 9 p.m.