Central Park rental
Central Park has many opportunities for your next event.
General guidelines for all rental areas
- Requests must be made at least 14 days prior to event date.
- Reservation can be made up to one year in advance (Example: June 1, 2024, is available to rent June 1, 2023).
- Rental is not confirmed until permit has been issued and payment received.
- All other areas of the park will remain open to the public.
- Refunds will be issued only if cancelled a minimum of 30 days prior to permit date.
- No refunds will be issued due to inclement weather. Permits may be rescheduled to another available date.
The Phenow Pavilion is a beautiful glass and wood facility with a two-sided fireplace. It makes a lovely setting for a party, small wedding, or business meeting.
View availability and reserve only online. Requests are not accepted in-person, by email, or phone.
Rentals are available April to mid-November on Thursday evenings, Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays. During the winter, the Phenow Pavilion is primarily used as a warming house for the ice skating loop. Limited daytime winter rentals are available.
4-hour, 5-hour, 6-hour, 10-hour, and 11.5-hour blocks are available for private party rentals. All setup and clean up must take place during the block rental time.
Rentals are not available in between rental block time. The time between blocks is for city staff to set up for the next event.
Phenow Pavilion rental rates
Confirmation is made when a permit has been issued and payment received.
- Room capacity is 120 people depending on setup.
- Building rental includes use of:
- 60-inch round tables (15 available)
- 6-foot rectangular tables (20 available)
- Chairs (120 available)
- Sound system and three microphones (corded, cordless, lapel)
Phenow Pavilion guidelines
- Permit holders may bring their own prepared food into the rental area, but no prep or cleanup areas are available for individuals.
- A prep kitchen is available for licensed caterers that includes counters, sink, microwave, and refrigerator. Caterer must provide current license and remain onsite during kitchen use.
- Liquor can be served if provided by a Central Park exclusive liquor provider. A Central Park scheduled security guard is also required.
- All setup and cleanup must take place during the scheduled rental time. No items can be delivered prior to or picked up after the scheduled rental time.
From December to mid-March, the Phenow Pavilion is available for private daytime events Monday through Friday between 10 a.m. and 2 p.m. Rentals are not available on ISD 279 non-school days.
Your reservation includes the main room set up as a warming house along with the entry lobby. Skate rental can be purchased during the reservation process. While the outdoor skating loop remains open to the public, the warming house and rental space are exclusive to your group during the reserved time. Outside food is welcome.
There is a two-hour minimum rental.
- $300 damage deposit is required at the time of reservation.
- Deposit will be refunded after the rental if there is no damage or excess cleaning.
- $80 per hour residents.
- $130 per hour non-residents.
The Garden, Garden Lawn, and Labyrinth provide a beautiful outdoor setting for any event. Guests are surrounded by thousand of perennials.
The grass area within the garden is divided by a central walkway. The walkway leads to a raised area -- ideal for a wedding party and officiate. The adjoining labyrinth is included in the garden rental.
To reserve and for general questions, complete a request form.
Garden and Labyrinth
Garden capacity is approximately 250 people arranged audience style. Two-hour minimum.
- $80 per hour resident
- $130 per hour non-resident
This 50 x 50 foot grassy area is adjacent to the garden. Two-hour minimum.
- $50 per hour resident
- $100 per hour non-resident
This 2.5 acre green space for casual, non-programmed space for the community to gather and for large special events. Two-hour minimum.
- $100 per hour resident
- $150 per hour non resident
- $50 per hour resident
- $100 per hour non resident
Celebrate your special day at Central Park and take advantage of special savings from April to mid-November.
The wedding package offers the Phenow Pavilion with an all-day rental from 10 a.m. to 10 p.m. Two hours of time at the Garden/Labyrinth are also included.
2024 rental rates
- $960 resident
- $1,560 non-resident
The Phenow Pavilion is a beautiful glass and wood facility with a two-sided fireplace. It makes a lovely setting for a small wedding.
The Garden and Labyrinth provide a beautiful outdoor setting with guests surrounded by thousands of perennials. The grass area within the garden is divided by a central walkway. The walkway leads to a raised area -- ideal for a wedding party and officiate. The labyrinth adjoins the garden area.
- Weddings are entitled to a free one-hour rehearsal prior to the wedding based on availability 30 days prior to event. No staff is provided for the rehearsal.
- Parking is free at the two lots onsite or along the street adjoining the park.
- Smoking of any kind is not allowed at Central Park. This includes buildings, gardens, grounds, and parking lots.
- The garden, labyrinth and lawn is an outdoor space; a outdoor rental does not include any indoor space. There is no indoor back up area unless rented prior to the event.
- The remainder of the park will remain open to the public. This includes the building, interactive fountain and adjoining patio, playground, walkways, and grass lawn areas.
- Chairs, tables, tents, sound system, and other supplies must be obtained by the permit holder and must be delivered and removed during the rental period. All items must be properly insured and licensed.
- Tents must be weighted, not staked. A tent may require a fire permit from the Maple Grove Fire Department.
- All food and beverage for an event must be properly licensed and may be served only in areas designated on the permit.
- Liquor can be served if provided by a Central Park exclusive liquor provider. A Central Park security guard is also required while liquor is served 30 minutes before and after serving time. Additional fees apply.
- Name and contact information for vendors providing any equipment, food, or beverage must be provided a minimum of 14 days prior to the permit date.
- A staff approved site plan showing all items brought on site must be provided a minimum of 14 days prior to the permit date.
- Decorations cannot be affixed with tacks, staples, tape or similar adhesives and must be approved by Central Park staff. They must also approve any decorating plans in advance.
- No throwing or scattering of real or silk flowers or flower petals, rice, seeds, confetti, or like material.
- No releasing of balloons or birds.