Respect the rules
Your cooperation in making the parks and trails fun and enjoyable for all users is much appreciated.
- Park hours are 6 a.m. to 11 p.m.
- Tobacco use and alcohol are not allowed on any park property.
- Boats cannot be docked or dragged over park property.
- No trees, cattails, or other natural growth can be cut or removed from park property.
- Litter must be placed in designated containers.
For a comprehensive list of prohibited activities in the parks, please reference City Code Section 22-65.
Multi-use trail etiquette
- Walk on the far right side of the trail.
- If group walking, regularly check behind you for upcoming traffic and go single file when someone is trying to pass.
- If using headphones, keep the volume soft enough to hear activity behind you.
Dogs in the park
- Pets must be restrained at all times, either by leash or electronic collar. The extent of the control cannot exceed 6 feet in length, including when on an electronic collar.
- Dogs are not to be off leash in any park or natural area. Pets running at large are not permitted. Off leash parks are available at Fish Lake Regional Park and Elm Creek Park Reserve.
- Pet waste must be picked up and properly disposed in a waste receptacle.
- Pets are not allowed in active play areas, such as athletic fields, playgrounds, ice rinks, beaches, and park buildings.
- Motor vehicles are prohibited from parkland and trails.
If you observe suspicious activity, dial 911 immediately.
If you see unsafe conditions in the parks or on the trails or see a repair needed, please contact the Parks Department.