Mobile fare payment
My Ride users can pay their fare with their smartphone. Purchase and store your My Ride mobile fare via the Token Transit app -- a great alternative to cash or the 10-ride paper punch ticket. Board faster and easily manage bus fares from a mobile device.
- Use a credit card to purchase a single $3 one-way fare ride and/or a 10-ride pass for $20.
- Passes can be purchased for immediate use or can be stored on Token Transit for future trips.
- An internet connection is necessary to purchase and use a mobile ticket.
- Friends and family can purchase tickets on behalf of My Ride users.
- Social service agencies and employers can do the same to distribute tickets to clients and employees.
- Pay online and text a bus pass or ticket to any phone number that has the app.
Four steps for Token Transit mobile fare payment:
1. Download: Download the Token Transit app for Android or iPhone. You can also download from the Token Transit website. Open the app and follow these instructions:
- Type in the cell phone number, agree to terms and conditions, and select Next.
- Verify the phone number by typing in the code that Token Transit texted to you.
- Allow Token Transit to track location by selecting ok.
- Scroll the list of transit agencies and select Maple Grove Transit My Ride.
2. Purchase: Select the ticket icon in the lower right corner of the screen. Choose either Select rider type or Select fare type. Purchase either a single one-ride $3 ticket or a 10-ride $20 ticket. Multiple tickets can be purchased at one time. Enter the credit card number to finalize the purchase.
3. Activate: Purchased tickets and passes are stored in your Token Transit account. In the menu, look under my passes for all purchases. When you are ready to ride, tap the pass to activate. The menu also includes payment, history, settings, and help.
4. Ride: As the rider boards the bus, show the driver the digital ticket. You’re good to ride My Ride.
See image below of the above steps.