This project consists of:
- New concrete curb and gutter
- New bituminous pavement
- New streetscape
- Pedestrian facilities between the curb and existing buildings
- Replacement of existing hydrants, gate valves, sanitary and storm sewer, and casting
- Minor modifications to the sewer system
Current and upcoming activities
Sign up to receive email notifications. Emails are for information only; do not reply to them.
The fourth and final phase of the project begins the week of October 11th and continues through October 22nd. The remaining work is all related to the repaving of the streets and will encompass all roadway areas between Elm Creek Boulevard and Arbor Lakes Parkway. Work to be done includes:
- Milling and removal of existing pavement
- Completion of final surface paving
- Installation of striping and decorative crosswalks at intersections
This work requires periodic lane or full roadway closures, as well as work during nighttime hours (as approved by City Council). Businesses remain open during this work, and parking is available in the rear parking lots. Please obey all construction traffic signage, and drive at safe speeds while we finish this substantial project.
A celebration is planned for October 24 for the Main Street refresh ribbon cutting.
Planned improvements and phasing
Main Street proposed improvements (PDF)
Main Street phasing plan (PDF)
Main Street revitalization information